Hiking with Kids
Welcome to the Hiking with Kids Page. Here, we've put together a simple page offering guidance in the form of experiences of others (articles & short reports) and some suggestions for kid's outdoor gear thru our affilation with Backcountry.com.
Note the "Kid Stuff" section located on the right-side menu. You'll find interesting and useful information on hiking with children. Also on the right side are the banners listing sources specializing in Kid's Gear which provide a shopping solution for your children's hiking & camping equipment.
In addition, we've provided a kid's gear index below, in affiliation with Backcountry.com, where you can find kid's rain jackets, fleece jackets, kid's sleeping bags, kid's packs and so on.
Hiking Recommended Reading
- The Complete Walker IV (hardcover) : by Colin Fletcher, Chip Rawlins
- The Complete Walker IV (paperback) : by Colin Fletcher, Chip Rawlins
- I Hike : by Lawton Grinter
- Mountaineering First Aid : A Guide to Accident Response and First Aid Care
- Wilderness Medicine, Beyond First Aid : by William Forgey; Paperback.
- Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills, by Mountaineers
- The Backpacker's Handbook: by Chris Townsend
- Backpacking : Woman's Guide
- Backpacking One Step at a Time : by Harvey Manning
- Basic Essentials Backpacking
- Basic Essentials Solo Hiking
- Basic Essentials Survival
- Beyond Backpacking : Ray Jardine's Guide to Lightweight Hiking
- The Advanced Backpacker : A Handbook of Year Round, Long-Distance Hiking
- Hiking the Triple Crown
- The Backpacker's Field Manual : A Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Backcountry Skills
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Backpacking and Hiking, by Jason Stevenson
- The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Tools and Techniques to Hit the Trail, Andrew Skurka
- Simple Foods for the Pack, by Claudia Axcell, et al
- Trail Food: Drying and Cooking Food for Backpacking and Paddling, by Alan S. Kesselheim
- Lipsmackin' Backpackin' : Lightweight, Trail-Tested Recipes for Backcountry Trips
|Search for "Hiking Equipment" or other items below:|
|| HOME || E-MAIL ||